The Buddha proclaims the Dharma with a single sound,all being understand in their own languages.
On July 30-31, 2016, the Beijing Longquan Monastery will hold a multilingual sutra chanting Dharma assembly. We’d like to invite non-Chinese enthusiasts or speakers who might have affinity with traditional Chinese culture to our event. Let’s savor the joy of chanting sutras in foreign languages and feel their prajnaparamita wisdom and freedom.
1) July 30(08:30-20:40) -31(05:00-16:00), 2016,Main Venue of English;
2) July 30 (08:30-11:00), 2016,Branch Venue of Mongolian;
3) July 30 (13:30-17:00), 2016,Branch Venues of Spanish,Thai, French, Russian and Korean;
4) July 31 (13:30-17:00), 2016,Branch Venues of Japanese, German, Vietnamese and other languages.
Beijing Longquan Monastery,27 Fenghuangling (PhoenixRidge) Road,Haidian District, Beijing;
80 non-Chinese enthusiasts and speakers, including 40 English ones (expected to have passed CET4) and 40 Spanish, French, Russian,andThai.
4. Application deadline:
Main Venue of English,July 27, 2016
Other Branch Venues,July 29, 2016.
5. How to apply:
1) Log onto the website:http://forum.lqzs.org/;
2)Short message: edit a message“your name +gender+cellphone number+ language(s) + arrival time +departure time +day(s) of overnight stay" (for example: ZhangSan + male + 150 * * +English + yes+6 p.m. on July 29 + 5 p.m. On July 31 + 2 days) to
Main Venue of English,15901227229 (Mr.Liu);
Branch Venue of Mongolian, 18701089016 ( Ms.Wang);
Branch Venue of Spanish, 13681469996 ( Ms.Zheng);
Branch Venue of Thai, 18610286966 ( Ms.Xu);
Branch Venue of French, 13691110467 ( Ms.Zhang);
Branch Venue of Russian, 13910910907 ( Ms.Wang);
Branch Venue of Korean, 18810234937 ( Ms.Cui);
Branch Venue of Vietnamese, 13311357567 ( Ms.Zhang);
Branch Venue of German, 13610186979 ( Ms.Shen);
Branch Venue of Japanese, 13311521128 (Mr.Wu);
Branch Venue of Other Languages, 18610508857 ( Ms.Yuan);
3) For any query, please call: 010-62409092ext.212 (Multilingual Dharma Assembly Office).
1. Bring along your refuge certificate from Longquan Monastery if you have one.
2. Please bring your own water bottle, toiletry, heatstroke sunscreen and rain gear (rainfall is common in the Summer), watches and haiqing (a robe for laypeople) are recommended.
3. There are limited beds in the monastery during Dharma assemblies. We may stay in farmhouses for the night.
4. Please bring along your ID card or passport for accommodation registration.
5. As the Branch events will be conducted in foreign languages (different languages will be used at different venues), the participants are expected to have good command of English (reading and listening) equivalent to a pass at CET4 or above.
6. To ensure your health and that of others, participants need to be free of infectious and mental diseases. Those who have a history of acute diseases like hypertension and heart disease should report to the manager of assembly security in advance. It will be your own responsibility if you hide your history of acute diseases.
7. Travel Route: Take Metro Line 4 to Beigongmen Stop, and then bus No. 346 to the terminal, Fenghuangling. You will find Longquan Monastery inside the Fenghuangling Nature Park.